TERMS OF REFERENCE
EVALUATION WORKSHOP ON EFFECTIVENESS AND USEFUL OF FLEGT PROJECT ON NETWORKING AND POLICIES INPUTS TO COMMUNITY GROUPS OF THE FOREST DEPENDENT COMMUNITIES IN CENTRAL REGION
The negotiation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA-FLEGT) between the Government of Vietnam and the European Union (EU) began in November 2010. The main objective of this agreement is to promote sustainable forest management through controlling of timber product trading. To ensure the process is inclusive, participatory of all stakeholders of forestry communities is a must. The EU delegation in Vietnam, therefore, set up a support fund to promote this in 2013 through direct implementation of International Non-Government Organizations working in Vietnam.
The project titled “Promoting the participation of the Central Vietnam VNGO-FLEGT network in the FLEGT-VPA processes” funded by Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam and implemented by Inter-Churches Organization for Development and Cooperation (ICCO) with support technical from two partners Center for Rural Development in Central Vietnam (CRD) and Consultative and Research Center on Natural Resource Management (CORENARM). The project will be implemented in three years (2014-2017), it was officially implemented in April 2016 in 04 provinces in the Central region, namely: Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam. The project aims to enhance the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), small wood producers and forestry agencies in the Central region, in order to contribute to the negotiation and implementation in the VPA-FLEGT process.
The FLEGT Project in Central region will finish in March 2017. In order to evaluation the effectiveness and useful as well as the changes of forest dependent communities groups after the project finished is an the activity need implement. From this fact, FLEGT Project in Central region will conduct a Evaluation workshop on effectiveness and useful of FLEGT Projecton on networking and policies inputs to community groups of the forest-dependent communities networks in central region. Thus, the FLEGT Project in Central region needs to recruit 01 qualified consultants with professional knowledge and experience to effectively conduct this activity.
- Workshop objectives
– Assessing effectiveness and useful of FLEGT Project in Central region to forest dependent communities in Central region;
– Understanding the community groups and local peple how have changed in awareness and the activity of products and business, approach and support of the project and relevant agencies.
– Identifying potential impacts of VPA-FLEGT to forest dependent communities to built up an action plan when VPA-FLEGT will be signed.
- Specific tasks
– Preparing and finalizing the workshop agenda.
– Finalizing the workshop materials.
– Conducting the workshop.
– Preparing a workshop report.
- Required outputs
– 01 workshop agenda
– 01 workshop materials
– 01 workshop report
- Qualification, experience and capacity;
– Having at least 03 years working experience in VPA – FLEGT;
– Having 10 years working experience related to Forest policy;
– Having 10 years working experience in forestry community;
– Having 05 years experience in analyzing and writing report
- Time and venue of the training
– The training will be conducted within 02 days of March 2017 in Da Nang city.
- Selection process
Interested candidates may send CVs to the following email address no later than February 25, 2017 via firstname.lastname@example.org with cc Le.Hien@icco-cooperation.org; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. The contract will be developed upon the candidate is selected.
|THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT OF FLEGT PROJECT – CENTRAL REGIONAddress: 102 Phung Hung Str, Hue City, VietnamTelephone: 054 3516349 – Fax: 054 3530000 – Email: email@example.com|