The negotiation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA-FLEGT) between the Government of Vietnam and the European Union (EU) began in November 2010. The main objective of this agreement is to promote sustainable forest management through controlling of timber product trading. To ensure the process is inclusive, participatory of all stakeholders of forestry communities is a must. The EU delegation in Vietnam, therefore, set up a support fund to promote this in 2013 through direct implementation of International Non-government Organizations working in Vietnam.
The project titled “Promoting the Participation of the Central Vietnam VNGO-FLEGT Network in the FLEGT-VPA processes” is one of the projects granted by this fund. The project is implemented by The Inter – Churches for Cooperation and Development (ICCO) in cooperation with two partners Center for Rural Development in Central Vietnam (CRD) and Consultative and Research Center on Natural Resource Management (CORENARM). The project’s duration is 3 years (2014-2017), covering for 04 provinces in the Central region, namely: Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam. The project aims to enhance the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), small wood producers and forestry agencies in the Central region, in order to contribute to the negotiation and implementation process of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law, Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA-FLEGT).
Finalizing an article to share the lesson learned on good forest governance is one of the main activities of FLEGT Project in Central region in this year. This activity has inherited the result of the Research on good forest governance in Central Region (B.2.1) and Seminars to share experience of effective forest governance and development (B.1.1). The article aims to analyze, synthesize the good points, the evaluation criteria that domestical and international experts have created in their previous studies, especially, the article will share many valuable practical lessons learned on forest governance of communities in Central region.
Thus, the FLEGT Project in Central region needs to recruit 01 qualified consultants with professional knowledge and experience to effectively conduct this activity.
– Finalizing one article to share lesson learned on good forest governance in Central Region;
– Providing practical lessons learned on forest governance for communities who has applied model of community based forest governance;
– Providing references to policy makers, management agencies in forestry sector, forest protection agency to have basis for building and adjusting policies related to forest management and protection
- Specific tasks
– Synthesizing the results of activities Studies on effective forest governance and Seminars to share experience of effective forest governance that were implemented in the first and second years by FLEGT Project.
– Analyzing and intergrating Vietnam current forest policies related to forest management to the article.
– Designing an article so that the stakeholders stay well informed and can apply in practice.
- Required outputs
|Synthesizing result the activity B.2.1 and B.1.1
|Designing the article
- Qualification, Experience and Capacity
– Having 10 years working experience in community forest;
– Having 10 years experience working related to forest policy
– Having knowledge on VPA-FLEGT;
– Having 05 years experience in designing and publishing articles, policy newsletters in the forestry sector.
- Selection Process
Interested candidates may send CVs to the following email address no later than December 20, 2016 via firstname.lastname@example.org with cc Le.Hien@icco-cooperation.org; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. The contract will be developed upon the candidate is selected.
|THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT OF FLEGT PROJECT – CENTRAL REGIONAddress: 102 Phung Hung Str, Hue City, VietnamTelephone: 054 3516349 – Fax: 054 3530000 – Email: email@example.com
You can find this file and download here: TOR_B.2.2 Year 3_EN Final