TERM OF REFERENCE
TRAINING ON ASSETS-BASED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FOR NETWORK OF FOREST DEPENDENT COMMUNITIES IN CENTRAL REGION, VIETNAM
The negotiation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA-FLEGT) between the Government of Vietnam and the European Union (EU) began in November 2010. The main objective of this agreement is to promote sustainable forest management through controlling of timber product trading. To ensure the process is inclusive, participatory of all stakeholders of forestry communities is a must. The EU delegation in Vietnam, therefore, set up a support fund to promote this in 2013 through direct implementation of International Non-government Organizations working in Vietnam. The project titled “Promoting the Participation of the Central Vietnam VNGO-FLEGT Network in the FLEGT-VPA processes” is one of the projects granted by this fund. The project is implemented by The Inter-Church for Cooperation and Development (ICCO) in cooperation with two key local partners Center for Rural Development in Central Vietnam (CRD) and Consultative and Research Center on Natural Resource Management (CORENARM). The project’s duration is 3 years (2014-2017), covering for 04 provinces in the Central region, namely: Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam provinces. It aims to enhance the policy inputs capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), small wood producers and forestry related agencies in the Central region so that their contribution in to the VPA-FLEGT is meaningful and useful.
Enhancing networking of the forest dependent communities is one of the key activities of the project to promote voices of the communities in not only the VPA specific, but also in forest management in general. The project does this through many tools. One of them is building up community based forest management models. It is designed to support the result B1 “A local network of forest dependent communities established to support consultation processes/ multi-stakeholder processes in Central region” of the project.
The training course “Assets Based Community Development” (ABCD) is one of the activities of the community based forest management model work package. It aims to enhance capacity for members in identifying available, hidden, visible, and invisible resources of the communities for sustainable livelihood development of the communities.
The FLEGT Project in Central region needs to recruit 01 qualified consultant with professional knowledge and experience to effectively conduct this training course.
- Training objectives
– Equipping the communities with knowledge in identifying resources for development of their communities;
– Supporting key members of the network on approaching and working effectively with community members;
– Promoting the networking among the communities so that their value are recognized and mobilized for sustainable livehood and forest management.
- Specific tasks
– Preparing and finalizing the training agenda;
– Preparing the training materials for Assets Based Community Development (ABCD);
– Conducting the training;
– Preparing a training report.
- Required outputs
|Finalize the training agenda
|Finalize the traing materials as required in Item 3 “Specific tasks”
|Conduct the 03 days training (tentative)
|Training report produced
- Qualifications, experience and capacity
– Have 05 years experience on organising “Assets Based Community Development” (ABCD) training courses;
– Having 05 years experience on working on forestry community;
– Having 05 years working experience in ralated field of VPA-FLEGT;
– Having 05 years experience in research, especially in data analysing and report writing;
– Having good training facilitating skills.
- Time and venue of the training
The training course will be conducted in 03 days (between 15 and 23 Oct 2016). Venue will be decided later.
30 Participants from forest dependent communities and forest ganger officers in Central Region area.
- Slection Process
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Contract will be developed upon the candidate is selected.
Download: TOR training course ABCD