TERMS OF REFERENCE
TRAINING ON FOREST FIRE PREVENTION FOR MEMBERS
OF FOREST DEPENDENT COMMUNITIES NETWORK
The negotiation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement on Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (VPA-FLEGT) between the Government of Vietnam and the European Union (EU) began in November 2010. The main objective of this agreement is to promote sustainable forest management through controlling of timber product trading. To ensure the process is inclusive, participatory of all stakeholders of forestry communities is a must. The EU delegation in Vietnam, therefore, set up a support fund to promote this in 2013 through direct implementation of International Non-Government Organizations working in Vietnam.
The project titled “Promoting the participation of the Central Vietnam VNGO-FLEGT network in the FLEGT-VPA processes” funded by Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam and implemented by Inter-Churches Organization for Development and Cooperation (ICCO) with support technical from two partners Center for Rural Development in Central Vietnam (CRD) and Consultative and Research Center on Natural Resource Management (CORENARM). The project will be implemented in three years (2014-2017), it was officially implemented in April 2016 in 04 provinces in the Central region, namely: Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam. The project aims to enhance the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), small wood producers and forestry agencies in the Central region, in order to contribute to the negotiation and implementation in the VPA-FLEGT process.
Forest fire has had great impacts on the life and economy of local communities in the Central region. After consulting and working with communities in the network of forest dependent communities in Central region, the Project found that some communities lack basic information on forest fire prevention and forest fire prevention skills were quite limited. Find the preventing and fighting dependent communities forest fires is an important need content to enhance the capacity for forest dependent communities, the FLEGT Project in Central region to organize a traning on forest fire prevention for members of forest dependent communities network in central region. Thus, the FLEGT Project in Central region needs to recruit 01 qualified consultant with professional knowledge and experience to effectively conduct this activity.
- Training objectives
– Providing information and knowledge about methods, skills and experience in forest fire prevention for members of forest dependent communities network in central region.
– Helping participants understanding about forest fire prevention, fire safety regulations.
– Supporting community be able to prepare forest fire prevention plan, know how to use fire fighting equipment available at locality.
– Creating a chance to meet and share about the experience on good forest management for members of forest dependent communities network;
- Specific tasks
– Preparing and finalizing the training agenda.
– Finalizing the training materials.
– Conducting the training.
– Preparing a training report.
- Required outputs
– 01 training agenda
– 01 training materials
– 01 training report
- Qualification, experience and capacity
– Having 10 years working experience in forestry community;
– Having 10 years experience on training preventing and fighting forest fires;
– Having 05 years experience in analyzing and writing report
- Time and venue of the training
– The training will be conducted within 02 days of February 2017 in Thua Thien Hue province.
- Selection process
Interested candidates may send CVs to the following email address no later than February 10, 2017 via firstname.lastname@example.org with cc Le.Hien@icco-cooperation.org; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. The contract will be developed upon the candidate is selected.
|THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT OF FLEGT PROJECT – CENTRAL REGIONAddress: 102 Phung Hung Str, Hue City, VietnamTelephone: 054 3516349 – Fax: 054 3530000 – Email: email@example.com
Please download file here: TOR_B.1.4 EN_Final